Our Mission: To provide a flexible, personalized learning experience that transcends traditional education models and prepares students for 21st century citizenship.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Virtual High School students take their courses entirely online with the support and valuable expertise of a highly qualified, fully licensed teacher. There are many misconceptions about what it means to be an online learner--including the image many people have of lazy, do-nothing students looking for an "easy" way to earn high school credits--nothing could be further from the truth! Successful virtual students are the opposite of what many think of when they think of online learners.
The most successful online learners are connected and deeply involved in activities and communities outside of school: sports. the arts, community involvement, churches, internships, dual enrollment programs, home school, etc.
Of course, there are many, many students who can be successful as online learners: students facing health challenges; students who aren't comfortable with the social pressures that can accompany a large, traditional high school; students who enjoy working independently--all can be successful as long as they are MOTIVATED, COMMITTED & HIGHLY SELF-DISCIPLINED.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Virtual High School (CMVHS) students are:
- Excellent with time management
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Virtual High School offers many unique benefits:
- Flexibility: Complete course work wherever there is computer and internet access. Work at times that are most convenient.
- Personalized Support: Work directly with CMS teachers and advisers as you navigate your high school experience and classes. Connect with them by phone, online, through video chat, or in person.
- Highly Qualified Teachers & Rigorous Content: Access the best content and instruction available online. Choose from a wide variety of engaging core and elective courses taught by highly-qualified, certified teachers.
- Athletics: Connect with your community and pursue your interests by participating in sports teams at your CMS home high school.
Why choose CMVHS?
- Commitments or responsibilities during traditional school hours
- Preference for working independently
- Access to dual enrollment courses with community colleges across North Carolina