How Do I Enroll?
CMVHS enrolls new students at the beginning of each school year (August) and the beginning of second semester (January) only.
RISING 9TH GRADERS (those currently in 8th grade)
STEP ONE: RESEARCH
- Please visit our page About CMVHS to find out more about the virtual school experience.
- 9th grade is a crucial year in terms of setting students up for success for the remainder of high school. It is imperative that much thought and careful consideration be put in to the decision to enroll in CMVHS.
STEP TWO: ENTER THE SCHOOL OPTIONS LOTTERY
- Rising 9th graders will need to enter the CMS School Options Lottery if they wish to enroll in CMVHS. More information can be found here.
CURRENT 9TH, 10TH, 11TH & 12TH GRADERS
STEP ONE: RESEARCH
- Please visit our page About CMVSH to learn more about the virtual school experience.
- CMVHS is an excellent option for many students. Careful consideration should be put into the decision to enroll in CMVHS.
STEP TWO: COMPLETE THE STUDENT INFORMATION FORM
- Complete the CMVHS Prospective Student Information Form.
- Pay careful attention to the questionnaire--the questions are intended to help applicants determine if CMVHS is a good fit for the student.
- Once the form is submitted, choose a date to attend a Prospective Student Information Session. These dates can be found in the School Calendar on the main page of this site.
- Completion of the form does not constitute enrolling in or transferring to CMVHS.
STEP THREE: ATTEND AN INFORMATION SESSION
- Students AND Parents must attend the information session.
- Dates are published on the CMVHS homepage.
- All students should bring with them:
- Copy of the current transcript
- Copy of an IEP or 504 Plan if applicable.
- Information sessions will take place at the CMVHS Campus: 1900 Newcastle Street
STEP FOUR: ENROLL--ONLY AFTER ATTENDING AN INFO SESSION
- Complete the online Request for Reassignment/Transfer form.**
- You will need your student's 4-digit PIN which can be obtained from the student's current school
- Detailed instructions on how to enroll will be given during the information sessions
**Students not currently enrolled in CMS will need to enroll before a Request for Reassignment/Transfer can be completed. More information about how to enroll a student in CMS can be found here.